Ragi Oats Ladoo, a tasty and healthy sweet rich in Proteins, Fibers and Calcium made with dates that are a source of natural sweetness and can be eaten by those who are diabetic.tanya d’cruz
RAGI OATS LADOO
- ½ cup Ragi powder
- ½ cup Oats
- 1 cup Seedless dates Soaked in warm water and remove pit
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Cardamom powder
- ½ cup Chopped Mixed dry fruits Almonds, Pistachio, Cashews & Raisins
- In a thick bottom broad pan toast oats for few minutes on low flame.
- Then set it aside to cool and grind into fine powder, now in the same pan toast ragi on low flame till the raw smell goes away.
- Set this aside and toast the fruits for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Grind the dates into soft paste in a grinder, in the same pan heat ghee on low flame .
- Add in the ragi , oats powder, chopped dry fruits, dates paste, cardamom powder and milk.
- Mix well for 5 to 8 minutes, switch of the flame.
- When the heat is bearable, knead well and make into small balls of 1 inch balls.