Prawns fry or shrimp fry is a very delicious and a simple recipe. There are many different way of making Prawns fry. This prawns fry is my version. Hope you and your family enjoy this simple and easy dish. If you are a sea food lover this is one version of prawns fry which you need to taste.
- 500 grams Prawns
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tbsp Cumins seeds
- 5 Garlic Pods
- 1 Piece Ginger
- Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Peppercorns
- 1 Small lemon
- ½ cup Grated Coconut Optional
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Wash the prawns with a little turmeric and set aside
- In a mixer grinder add the following
- Onion,ginger,garlic,few curry leaves,cumin,turmeric powder,chilly powder, peppercorns, lemon juice & salt.
- Add a little water and make a thick paste and marinate the prawn with the paste.
- Set this marinade aside for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in a few curry leaves and sauté till they turn crispy
- Add in the marinade prawns
- Cook on medium heat for 15 to 12 minutes till the water in the pan evaporates, keep stirring occasionally.
- In the same pan add grated coconut and fry for 3 minutes and its ready.