This easy Indian recipe for Masala Prawns can be enjoyed as a side dish or as main course which can be served with hot rotis, rice or enjoy it as appetizer.
- 500 grams Large Prawns We used Tiger prawns
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Oil We Used Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Dry Crushed Curry Leaves
- ½ cup Thick Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Water
- In a pan heat 2 tbs oil
- Add in chopped onions till translucent
- Then add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes away
- Add in the tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes
- Mix in turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder and cook for 5 to 8 minutes
- Add half cup thick coconut milk & half cup water and cook till the curry thickens
- Add in the prawns and cook for 5 minutes
- Finally add the crushed curry leaves and mix well
- Serve Masala Prawns with Rotis or steam rice.
Make sure to devein the prawns and clean them thoroughly. Masala Prawns Recipe is a easy 30 min recipe. You can chance the amount of Spice as per you spice tolerance.